1 make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day" [syn: adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify]
2 be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere" [syn: deck, adorn, grace, embellish, beautify]
3 award a mark of honor, as a medal, to
4 provide with decoration; "dress the windows" [syn: dress]
to furnish with decorations
to improve the appearance of a house, room, office and so forth
Decoration may refer to:
- Decorative art, the craft of a painter and decorator.
- An object or act intended to increase beauty of a person, room, etc.
- An object, such as a medal, that is awarded to honor the recipient ostentatiously: see List of prizes, medals, and awards.
- Interior decoration, the internal finishing of a building.
- Name decoration is a technique used in most programming languages.
- Decoration, Japanese street fashion category.
decorate in German: Dekoration
decorate in French: Décoration
decorate in Indonesian: Dekorasi
decorate in Italian: Decorazione
decorate in Norwegian: Dekorasjon
accouter, add, adjoin, adorn, affix, agglutinate, annex, append, appoint, array, attach, beautify, become one, bedeck, bedizen, blazon, burden, caparison, cite, color, complicate, conjoin, convolute, crown, crown with laurel, dandify, deck, deck out, dizen, do honor, doll up, dress, dress up, elaborate, embellish, emblazon, embroider, encumber, enrich, equip, festoon, fig out, fix up, flourish, furbish, furnish, garnish, gild, glamorize, glue on, grace, gussy up, hitch on, honor, infix, involve, join with, load with ornament, ornament, overcharge, overlay, overload, paint, paste on, pay regard to, pay tribute, plus, postfix, praise, prank, prank up, preen, prefix, prettify, pretty up, primp, primp up, prink, prink up, put with, redecorate, redo, refurbish, render honor to, renovate, restore, saddle with, set off, set out, slap on, smarten, smarten up, spruce up, subjoin, suffix, superadd, superpose, tack on, tag, tag on, titivate, trick out, trick up, trim, unite with, varnish, wallpaper